Content Writer (Freelance): Weird History
Freelance Project Opportunity at 2365 in Los Angeles, California, United States
|Freelance skills to be carried out : (Click here to buy this Product.)||Content Writing|
|Project Description and/or Development Problem(s):||
The Employer is looking for talented writers who are ready to research and write roughly articles a week for our site. This is a great opportunity to write for a leading entertainment site, in the top 100 of all internet websites in the United States.
In particular, the Employer is currently looking for those that are experts in offbeat history. Here are some examples of the type of Weird History writing we love that we’ve published recently:
* How Quickly You Would Die If You Suddenly Found Yourself In Another Era Of History: ly/2Airxq1
* Every Rule In The Code Duello, The Stupidest Way Men Used To Settle Beef: ly/2RZMKvC
* What It’s Like Living In Venezuela As It Endures One Of The Worst Economic Disasters In Modern History: ly/2Agwnnl
|Project Requirements and/or Identified development variables (system, leadership, management, fund, product, project, process, operation, task, function, subject, object, or scenario Name) affected by the problems. Also what are the things that blocks you to solve the problems (if any)?:||
This is an assignment and pitch-heavy gig. You will be expected to pitch ideas for articles that will do well on social media and take assignments that are handed to you by our editors and run with them. If your ideas are good, we’ll accept lots of your pitches. If you turn in good writing in a timely manner, we’ll give you more assignments. If we *really* think you’re great (and you live in the Los Angeles area), we ll ask you to come work for us full-time.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required.
Here’s what you’ll need for us to trust you with tons of assignments:
* Interest and expertise in history;
* Advanced, thorough research skills.
Writing chops that enable you to create an article about anything in a clear, informative, and fun style.
If this sounds exciting, here’s what we need from you:
* Resume and completed application
* Your cover letter giving color/examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. And yes, we are looking at your cover letter to get an idea of your writing style, so smart, funny letters really stand out.
* Your one writing sample (in the form of a list) that is relevant to this job description (don’t send SEO writing or journalistic long-form, since that s not what we’re looking for)
* Your 3 list ideas about Weird History that you would write for us, with two example items that would be on each list.
* Your list of topics (other than Weird History) that you are interested in writing about: please be as broad as possible, as we re always looking for writers that have really unique interests.
How many assignments you expect to be able to write for us per week, and please keep in mind that we are only looking for freelancers who have enough time to turn in no fewer than 3 assignments per week.
About The Employer:
The Employer is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company’s technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the best possible rankings via the wisdom of crowds. The Employer attracts more than 40 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, The Employer is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. The Employer is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
The Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
|Budget:||1 - 1.1 USD / Hour|
|Industry / Domain:||Writing|
|Criteria for evaluating solutions:||
How To Apply
Please apply online with your resume and Quoth Jobs profile.
We FIND, ATTRACT, and REFER freelancers to Employers who are looking to identify high-quality candidates.
More About Quoth Jobs!
“Must think of your future as Freelancer.” You are really worth it.
Learn more about what Quoth Jobs can offer at: http://www.iquoth.org/jobs/working-smart-working-hard-freelancers